ArsMachina v3

A major styling update to the website

Posted: 2021-09-09
Est. Reading Time: 2 minutes
Author: Brady O'Leary

ArsMachina v3

Hi everyone, I've finally finished the first stage of updating the look and feel of the website to use the common stylesheet generated by Ars-Materia. This adds a number of improvements, such as a dark mode, cards, content breakpoints, and some new banner gradients.


This conversion aims to make the general look and feel of this website easy to implement elsewhere in different projects. Part of the reason I embarked on this project in the first place of re-writing the CSS used here was that I wanted 1 bundled CSS file to be what's downloaded onto the browser, and also because I was developing another website / application at the time and wanted to implement the styles used in am2, the previous iteration of the website that used WebsiteTemplate. When I started to add styling there, I found that the existing classes were not at all usable in that context, and because I was going to be writing a lot of CSS anyhow, I figured that I might as well rewrite it using SASS.

You can read more about Ars-Materia here.


While the styles may look nice, I still have some work left to do and some things left to clean up, so you may find some rough edges in a few places, and those will be addressed at some point in the future.

Other improvements

In addition to the styling improvements, I have also made changes elsewhere around the website, including:

More to come

I'm going to continue making improvements here and there to the website, and might add some new features as well, including searching and displaying posts on the landing page, but we'll see.

< I mount my soul at /dev/null >
        \   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||----w |
                ||     ||